Nowadays, everyone wants to have great teeth. That’s why there are an increasing number of people who use whitening paste or white strips or other teeth whitening products as part of their daily dental care. Or visit professional dentists for teeth whitening in their area, for example- teeth whitening Houston tx.
The teeth are amongst the first things that people notice about you. Teeth are also a sign of your health and also confidence. While meeting new people, many worry about having aged, discolored or broken teeth. A beautiful smile with fine white teeth – is a must have for everyone.
If you are looking for ways to whiten your teeth by yourself, below are 5 top tips for teeth whitening houston tx at home.
#1 – Hydrogen Peroxide and Baking Soda
The most popular method people use for whitening teeth at home is a mixture of Hydrogen Peroxide and Baking soda. This method works, because, baking soda mixed in water creates radicals that break-apart stain molecules on teeth enamel. And Hydrogen peroxide, being an organic bleaching agent, eliminates bacteria in the mouth.
Here are the steps to create a perfect mixture –
- Use more hydrogen peroxide than baking soda. More precisely, use 2 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide and 1 tablespoon of baking soda.
- Make a fine paste, and ensure it is not gritty.
- Let the paste rest for about 1 minute.
- Use this paste to brush your teeth.
That’s all. However, there is a small precaution. Do not overuse this mixture. It is better to use 2-3 times per week to get best results. This mixture cannot be used everyday, because the components used, can have a reverse effect if overused. Excessive use of baking soda can damage your enamel and cause sensitivity. So make sure you use it cautiously to avoid any harm.
#2 – Coconut Oil Pulling
Another popular method is oil pulling. It is an Indian tradition that has been in use for centuries. It is known to remove toxins and refresh your mouth. Normally, Indians use seasame or sunflower oil for oil pulling, however, any oil works. Coconut oil is used by many, because of its good taste and other health benefits.
Here are the best steps for oil pulling –
- Put one tablespoon of coconut oil in the mouth.
- Pull and push the oil around your teeth.
- Continue doing this for about 15-20 minutes.
- Finally, spit the oil out and wash your mouth with water.
One good thing about oil pulling is, unlike other methods, this doesn’t cause any harm to your teeth enamel. So you are safe to use it as many times you wish.
Lastly, sadly, we haven’t found any scientific study that proves oil pulling whitens the teeth. But, many people have claimed their teeth became brighter and whiter after regular use of oil pulling. Since it doesn’t cause any harm, it is worth a try.
#3 – Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar is also known as good for teeth whitening houston tx. Since it has organic cleanser and antibiotic, it can remove stains on your teeth. Apple Cider vinegar is widely used for removing stains caused by smoking and coffee. Many people also claimed that after using apple cider vinegar regularly, they had their teeth looked like they were cleaned professionally!
Here are the steps to use Apple Cider Vinegar –
- First, rub apple cider vinegar on your teeth with your finger for around 1 minute.
- Then, wash your mouth with water.
Apple cider vinegar can dramatically improve your teeth whitening. However, overusing it can also harm your teeth enamel. So, you should not use it more than 2-3 times per week to avoid any harm.
#4 – Lemon or Orange Peels
Just like the apple cider vinegar, many have claimed that acidic fruits like orange or lemon also work for teeth whitening. Regularly cleaning the teeth with orange or lemon peel can reduce the yellow tinge stored on the teeth.
Here are the steps –
- Rub orange or lemon peels on the teeth every night prior to sleeping. The calcium and vitamin C on the peel will fight the microorganisms all through the night.
- Continue doing this for a couple of weeks and you will see noticeable results.
In case you don’t have fresh peels available you can also use dried lemon or orange peel powder.
#5 – Strawberries
There is a rumor that popular celebrities use Strawberries as a remedy to naturally whiten their teeth. Strawberries contain malic acid and vitamin C. These work to remove the discoloration on the teeth and make your teeth whiter.
Here are the steps to use Strawberries –
- Firstly, smash few strawberries and make a fine paste.
- Then, rub the paste on the teeth gently.
- Do this for twice a day.
By continuously doing this for a few weeks, you will notice yellow stings on the teeth disappear.
There is another method of using it with baking soda. Here is how –
- Combine the pulp of a strawberry with one-half teaspoon baking soda.
- Rub the mixture over the teeth and let it rest for a minute.
- Wash your mouth with water.
- Brush with a regular toothpaste to make sure there isn’t any leftover.
Use this approach with precautions. Do not use more than 2-3 times per week.
Mentioned above are some of the natural methods to whiten your teeth. Most of them work to slowly remove stains on the tooth surface.
However, most dentists will give treatments for teeth whitening Houston tx that are much stronger than the organic remedies. If you choose to pay the extra amount and visit your local professional dentist for teeth whitening Houston tx, you will know what you pay for.