What to expect during the Invisalign process? Where can I find an Invisalign dentist near me? And other FAQS about Invisalign clear aligners.
In the past, most adults fervently avoided orthodontic treatments, even if that meant they had to keep their misaligned or crooked teeth. That’s because orthodontic treatments meant wearing ugly metallic brackets on your teeth for several years, leading to severe self-consciousness and confidence issues.
However, the invention of Invisalign clear aligners has changed all of that. Invisalign is a set of clear aligners that move your teeth in the desired direction without wearing ugly metallic braces. Invisalign clear aligners are removable and transparent aligners, and they’ve been used by several celebrities, including Billie Eilish, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise, Katherine Heigl, Serena Williams, etc.
Invisalign has developed a massive reputation, becoming synonymous with all invisible teeth alignment treatments in general. Because of their popularity, people often have several questions, such as “what to expect during the Invisalign process?” or “does Invisalign work?”
This article aims to answer some of the most common questions about Invisalign aligners, including where you can find an Invisalign dentist near me.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a series of clear and removable aligners that gradually straighten your teeth by applying pressure, moving them in the desired direction. Invisalign clear aligners don’t need any wires, brackets, or other visible devices — they’re completely transparent, and most people don’t even notice them.
Invisalign clear aligners are made of SmartTrack, a patented thermoplastic material used specifically for Invisalign. These clear aligners are completely safe, FDA-approved, and contain no BPA, BPS, or gluten.
How does Invisalign work?
During your Invisalign treatment consultation, the Invisalign dentist near me creates a digital treatment map for your teeth. Based on that, the dentist orders a series of clear and transparent aligners made specifically for your mouth. As you wear the Invisalign aligners, they apply pressure on your teeth, moving them in the correct direction. Each set of Invisalign aligners correspond to different stages in your treatment. You have to wear a new set of Invisalign aligners every two weeks, continuing your teeth’s progression in the correct direction. By the end of the treatment, your teeth are perfectly set in the optimal position.
What is it like to have Invisalign treatment?
The Invisalign treatment process is extremely simple. The Invisalign aligners may apply some pressure on your teeth initially, but the discomfort fades away after a few hours. Soon, you won’t feel anything at all. You can also remove the Invisalign aligners, allowing you to eat without getting them stained. However, you must remember to wear the Invisalign aligners for at least 22 hours every day and put them back on as soon as you’re done eating. If you don’t wear Invisalign aligners sufficiently, your teeth won’t move in the correct direction.
What to expect during the Invisalign process?
During your first session, the Invisalign dentist will examine your teeth to determine if you need orthodontic treatment. The dentist will take a dental impression of your mouth, based on which they’ll create a treatment map.
- The online treatment map shows you a 3D image of how your teeth will look at the end of the treatment. You can also see how your teeth will move and progress over the entire treatment period. Patients are often hesitant about getting Invisalign braces because they don’t know if they’ll work. However, the treatment map shows you exactly what you can expect.
- Once you approve of the treatment, the dentist sends an order for the Invisalign aligners.
- You will get several sets of Invisalign clear aligners, each corresponding to different stages or weeks in your treatment plan.
- As you move through the Invisalign aligners, each lasting about two weeks, your teeth will gradually move in the correct direction.
- After your teeth are perfectly aligned, the Invisalign dentist will provide retainers to hold your teeth in the right place. You should wear the retainers for about six months to prevent your teeth from moving back into the original position.
Can Invisalign be used to fix gaps?
Yes, Invisalign aligners can fix most moderate to severe orthodontic issues, including gaps between the teeth. It usually takes between three to six months for Invisalign aligners to fix the gaps between your teeth, but only if you wear the aligners for 20 to 22 hours per day.
What are the benefits of teeth alignment with Invisalign?
- Invisalign aligners are completely invisible, so most people won’t even know you have clear aligners on. This prevents considerable self-consciousness and social anxiety.
- Invisalign clear aligners are extremely comfortable, and you don’t even realize you’re wearing them after a while.
- You can take them off to eat or brush. As such, teeth alignment with Invisalign is a lot more hygienic — you don’t have to worry about food particles stuck between your teeth or braces.
- With traditional orthodontic treatments, you can’t travel for extended periods because you need to visit the dentist frequently. However, Invisalign clear aligners don’t need constant supervision — you can carry all the necessary Invisalign aligner sets and change them at the appropriate times.
- Teeth alignment with Invisalign usually concludes in 6 to 18 months, making it a lot faster than traditional orthodontic treatments and metallic braces.
How can I find the top Invisalign providers near me?
Are you looking for the top Invisalign providers near me? Restoration Smiles has some of the most reputable Invisalign dentists in Tomball, TX. We carefully examine your teeth to curate the ideal treatment plan, helping you straighten your teeth and achieve a beautiful smile. For more information, please schedule an appointment with an Invisalign dentist near me.